your machine exhibits a large release of oil
from the Ram/Cylinder Assembly, please use the
following procedure to determine the nature
of the leak:
1. Shut off the pump motor.
2. Position your valve in the RELEASE position.
3. Allow the Ram to retract on its own.
4. If the Ram does not retract, Call Calibration
Services, Inc. Note: Do not force the ram back
in the cylinder via a hydraulic jack or pry
bar. Serious damage may result.
5. Once the Ram has retracted, clean all oils
from the Ram and surrounding platens, etc.
6. Test another concrete cylinder and note the
amount of leakage from the Ram area. You may
see a very small amount of oil, but do not be
7. Wipe down the assembly and try another specimen.
You may still see a thin film of oil, but that
is common when the Ram is overextened. A small
amount of oil gets caught between the cylinder
seals and will seep out when you advance and
retract the Ram assembly. If this leakage persists
after several days, a new O-ring and Back-Up
ring may be needed. Contact Calibration Services,
Inc. if these services are necessary.