to tighten the spherical head
1. Hold the top platen and loosen the allen
set screw located in the piston.
2. Remove the top head from the piston. Note:
Caution should be exercised when removing the
spherical head. It is HEAVY...take all precautions
to AVOID dropping the head. It is very awkward
3. If the holding stem on the head is loose,
tighten it as tight as possible.
4. Reinstall the head and set the allen screw
so it is not completely tight.
5. Install a spare cylinder and run the machine
up to 25,000 lbs.
6. Finish tightening the head with the pressure
on the machine.
Note: Never operated the machine with the
top head loose severe damage can result!!!